Parivar cares for the intersectionality of our Trans and Queer South Asian identities by holistically protecting our community’s immediate and long-term health and wellness needs.
Parivar has a simple tagline: “Our South Asian Queer Trans Family.” Reclaiming spaces beyond cisness, Parivar uplifts South Asian Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (GNC) individuals while welcoming all queer, gay, lesbian, intersex, bisexual, and allies to be a part of our collective liberation. Being the welcoming front door for the greater South Asian Queer Diaspora, Parivar focuses on our local, California community with a global mindset.
(1) Build racial equity and cultural humility to fight casteism, xenophobia, Islamophobia, gender binary constraints, anti-blackness, and immigration inequality
(2) Drive South Asian Queer education, awareness and inclusion through meaningful partnerships aligned with Parivar’s vision.
(3) Create a Transgender, Transexual, Intersex and Gender Non-Binary centered space to unapologetically uplift the most marginalized members of our LGBTQIA+ communities
(4) Bringing together Trans, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Ally, and Pansexual identities as one family that stands for and supports one another
(5) Promote an inclusive definition of the South Asian diaspora, including individuals from the Caribbean, West Indies, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and anywhere else in the world
Parivar Advisory Committee (PAC)
President & co-founder